Old 15-04-2012, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ros Butt Ros Butt is offline

Default Build a Ball - Queries

They could be used with bamboo canes, but it's a bit difficult finding
exactly the right diameter canes for a snug fit, otherwise they won't hold
together properly.

There are a lot for sale on ebay at various prices. Before I bought mine
about five years ago, I scoured every garden centre and nobody sold them so
I had to pay full price from Harrod Horticultural by mail order. I have to
say I only used them one season, I'm not overly impressed, but each to his
own of course!

Ros

I want to build a fruit cage.

Are build a balls any good for use with bamboo canes ?.

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to buy them ?.

TIA,

woodglass...