Old 21-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Brian

Default Veggie soil question

Polar wrote:

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:25:50 -0400, Pat Meadows
wrote:

[...]

I also hope to be able to buy a large quantity of
spent-mushroom soil this spring and use it for the 'top
layer' of raised beds.

[...]

Kewl! Where could one find that? Am I assuming correctly that it
comes from mushroom growers?

Here is PA you can't go 5 miles without somebody selling it. What it is,
the way I take it is composted horse manure, and yes it comes from
mushroom growers. I have a local person that sells it for $7 for I am
guessing a 5yd bucket (2 scoops fill a pickup truck)
Its been raining here a lot lately and we get some mushrooms coming up
where we mulched with it. I don't trust to eat them though, since I
can't identify them.

--

Zone 24/8
So. Calif Coastal