Old 16-04-2012, 07:51 AM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriel13 View Post
Hi Allen,

I have tried eggshells before with little success, however last season I boiled up and simmered spent coffee grounds in a large pot. When cooled I watered my vegetable patch with this liquid, it was the best result that I have ever had. There seemed to be no damage to any of my crops, I'm just trying this out to see if I get similar results with spreading spent coffee grounds around my crops. It will be interesting to see if the aroma of coffee protects my carrots.

Regarding your second comment only use charcoal in its original state, also check the paper speak to see if ignition accellerants have been added. Burned charcoal will do nothing for your soil, it is the absorbency of charcoal which is key to its use for cultivation!!!

uriel13

The mind is like a parachute its totally useless unless open.
Thank you uriel13
Fruit Trees