Old 16-04-2012, 06:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Sean Straw Sean Straw is offline

Default swiss chard

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 22:08:13 -0700, Billy
wrote:

relationship to eating healthy. Prolly because everyone I asked about
how best to prepare it responded with "first, fry up some bacon..."

You're in northern California? Must be a housing tract. Anybody north of
north of the bridge will tell you olive oil and garlic, sheesh.

I'm out in the country, and I've had dealings with McEvoy ranch just
outside of town.

We use a lot of olive oil in our cooking here, but I'm a big believer
in that food should itself bring a desirable flavour to the dish. i
personally just didn't find that with the Italian white-ribbed chard -
though I do have seed for some other varieties, since I don't write
off a veggie after just one type doesn't tickle my fancy.