Old 16-04-2012, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default box weird shoots

On Apr 15, 4:35*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Now, it might be me but on several box balls in several gardens this
week i have seen new growth that is pretty weird. remember it looking so
curly and pale it's on all the boxes I've looked as so far and I
wondered if it was that frost we had or do box have strange growth at
the beginning of the year and I haven't noticed?
The tiny shoots look sort of very pale and tightly packed together.
--
Janet Tweedy

You get this effect when plants have a slight dose of weedkiller
sometimes.