Old 16-04-2012, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Beans, Frost and Pop Bottles

In article ,
Moonraker wrote:

I always sowed mine in the warmth to get an earlier crop. However I got
fed up with them getting too leggy before I could plant them out, so for
the last 2 years I have sown direct in the open ground, but obviously
later. Both times I have had sturdier plants and no appreciable
difference in their cropping dates. so it is outdoor sowing for me now on.

I used to do that but, for some reason, got up to 95% failure rate
(inspection of the seeds showed insect damage and fungal infection,
but both could have been secondary). Growing indoors, I get a 95%
success rate.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.