Old 16-04-2012, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Build a Ball - Queries

"Colin Gibbins" wrote in message
I want to build a fruit cage.

Are build a balls any good for use with bamboo canes ?.

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to buy them ?.

TIA,

woodglass...

Bamboo canes wont be strong enough the windage on the netting will just
flatten the whole thing.

2x1 roof battens are the smallest I would go and they need bracing at the
corners as I discovered, I have ended up with masonry and telegraph poles
but at least its now solid!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs