Old 16-04-2012, 12:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default A matter of semantics

I do not know if this happens in other languages, if not then foreigners
must get very confused.
If some one has had a cold and you ask them how the cold is, if they are
better will probably reply "Fine" whereas the cold is dead. Similarly if
us gardeners are asked how is it with ladybirds, if there are plenty may
reply "Good" (by the way I've never seen as many as there are at the
moment). However if you ask how the greenfly are the reply, if there are
very few about, would also be "Good", odd heh?