Old 16-04-2012, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Build a Ball - Queries

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 15:32:13 +0100, "Colin Gibbins"
wrote:

I want to build a fruit cage.

Are build a balls any good for use with bamboo canes ?.

Can anyone recommend a cheap place to buy them ?.

TIA,

woodglass...

Absolutely effing bloody useless!! The holes are never the right size
for the canes; they pop out at the slightest provocation; I wouldn't
give them away to my worst enemy!

(You can see I made the mistake of buying some. Don't you do the
same!)

Thanks for that from me too, I was thinking of getting some and now I won't
waste the money.
It just occurred to me - would drilling the appropriate sized holes for the
canes we have in old tennis balls work?
You'd have to hold them firmly in a vice, of course.