Old 16-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Debale Debale is offline
Registered User

Location: Port Talbot
Cool Exposed, coastal, balcony!

Hi all

I am a newbie hoping for some assistance. I live on the second floor, facing SW, on the sea front. I have been trying for a couple of years now to grow Aubretia in small window boxes, I have tried seeds and established plants with no/very little success. As this is a rockery plant and grown in the Brecon Beacons I thought it would be fine!!!

I want something that is mat forming, possibly cascading, evergreen and something I do not have to replace every year. Due to my location I understand that the wind and the salt are going to hinder me somewhat but, I just want my balcony in bloom!http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif

I would be grateful for any assistance or suggestions and look forward to hearing your comments.

Thank you