Old 21-04-2003, 07:44 PM
JJ

Default pond on auto pilot

Sameer,

My personal opinion is you have a very high fish loading for your pond
size and my free advice to you is to either enlarge the pond at least
2 or 3 times in volume before you go to school :-) or get rid of some
big fish. :-(

It sounds like you have had success with this setup so far and that is
because you have been keeping an eye on things and doing regular
cleanup/water changes.

Also, if you don't already, include a distinct looking scoop or other
measuring cup in the koi food container and have the folks use that vs
"a couple of handfuls method" and tell them if they forget to feed one
day, don't "make up for it". Yes, I know this sounds harsh...

Jay

"Snooze" wrote:
The pond is about 1200-1300 gal, estimated based on a rough estimate of
pond volume. The pond holds 14 koi of various lengths, 5 are full grown.
I made a settling tank out of a 55 gal drum, which is filled with some
length of mesh, a few milk crates, and some plants rested on top of the
milk crates.