Old 18-04-2012, 04:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_6_] JB[_6_] is offline

Default Green Water Gone!

Had my worst bought with green water this spring since I don't know
when. Used to get pea soup thick and green and take weeks to clear up.
I've always been on the frugal side so I'd wait it out instead of
springing for a U/V filter.

Things seemed to improve as I switched out bags of lava rock with Matala
filter pads over the past few years but this yea was different. The
thickest, greenest water I've had in years. I use a second pump with a 6
pad pre-filter in the middle of the pond to help take out the algae and
I have to clean it almost daily as it gets clogged and slows.

Then, yesterday, Voila! Pond clears over night. What a welcome sight.
I'm seeing 4 feet to the bottom today.