Old 18-04-2012, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy Andy is offline

Default DIY question

Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article
, Andy writes
If you are looking for a source of
suitable plumbing accessories, then may I recommend
http://www.cityirrigation.co.uk ?

Thanks Andy but I have no idea where to start ! i just envisioned a sort
of stopper to use on the end of a run of hose that would fit onto the tap
of the butt and another sort of stopper on other end!

Understood, I thought that maybe the website would give you some idea of
what accessories were available, so give you an idea of what might be
possible.

First challenge is to attach a hose to your water butt. How to do this
depends on the nature and size of the tap. It might be as simple as pushing
a piece of ordinary garden hose over its outlet. After that a means of
stopping and starting the flow of water. This could be as simple as having
a free end of hose that can be raised above the water level in the butt to
stop the flow and lowered to start it as required. A tap on the end would
perhaps be easier to deal with. Further, you could add a drip irrigation
system to your plants, pots, etc and just need to turn on the tap for a
while as and when needed.
--
Andy McC