Old 18-04-2012, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The rain is back

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
After a light 0,5" of rain a couple of days ago overnight we had a
further 1 inch so that we now have flowing water down the track and
out of the little gate.
Now after months of moaning about no rain it wont be long before we
are back to "I wish the rain would stop, we can't do anything in the
garden it's so wet"
Never happy some people.
David @ the Wet end of Swansea Bay

It's been raining here in Leics for 24 hours. Although we never had the
drought others had, my new allotment was certainly dry after we took off the
surface tussocky grass and nettles with the digger.
So I'm fairly happy that what we have sown and planted recently will be
enjoying it.
OTOH if it does not stop soon, the bridge under the railway will be flooded
and I won't be able to get down the village to it..
Tina