Old 19-04-2012, 01:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I bought a magazine today

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
writes
I basically got a free magazine, the cost of the free seeds if I had
bought
each separately far exceeded 3.99.
I only tried courgettes once, but they didn't do well in my shady garden
at
home. The open aspect of my paddock should suit them far better.
Hope you can soon get on your garden again.

I assume that's Amateur Gardening which if you subscribe is a hell of a
lot cheaper. I enjoy it as (because it's weekly) it's always fairly
relevant, and though it has a lot of stuff for beginners there's always
one or two articles that are in depth stuff and I quite enjoy the 'news'
pages = this week they were talking about the fact that it 'might' be
certain types of chemical sprays that are killing off the queen bees.
Oh well, I like it, I get that, the Which gardening and also The garden
from the RHS and read my friend's very posh glossy English Garden when i
dog sit for her That last one is so over the top and so not of my world
with suggestions for phenomenally expensive art in the garden or 'shabby
chic' (huh) ornaments and /or chairs garden seats etc. However each one
has never had NO pages that i find interesting (IYSWIM)
--
Janet Tweedy

No, it's not Amateur Gardening, it's called "Grow It" I've never seen it
before, and TBH I only bought it for the free seeds that I realised far
exceeded the cost of the magazine, but the reading in it was good too. They
also told you the best way to grow your free seeds and lots of good advice
about courgettes (two varieties in the free seed packet, one long, one
round) I will grow the patty pans too, but might duck the pumpkins.
Tina