Old 19-04-2012, 10:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default I bought a magazine today

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 01:30:50 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

No, it's not Amateur Gardening, it's called "Grow It" I've never seen it
before, and TBH I only bought it for the free seeds that I realised far
exceeded the cost of the magazine, but the reading in it was good too. They
also told you the best way to grow your free seeds and lots of good advice
about courgettes (two varieties in the free seed packet, one long, one
round) I will grow the patty pans too, but might duck the pumpkins.
Tina

Just looked it up on the web (http://growitmag.com) as I'd never heard
of it either. The June issue (which is strangely the supposedly
"current" one) has 2 varieties each of beetroot and carrots and one of
parsnips. There seems to be a 5-variety giveaway with every issue;
astonishingly good value. If there's a downside it's that I find T&M
seeds to be very "variable" when it comes to germination rate.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.