Old 19-04-2012, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_4_] Baz[_4_] is offline

Default Vine Weevil?

Steerpike wrote in
:

On Apr 19, 11:52*am, Pam Moore wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:42:22 +0100, prb wrote:
In article af832ba7-b558-411a-b041-57e542864330
, says...

A couple of the Fuschias in my greenhouse were showing signs of
Vine Weevil attack.. I took them out of the pots and didnt find
any of the usual curly grubs in the removed compost but just some
tiny grubs of about 3mm long with jaggy edges. i.e. with bits
sticking out of sides. I killed all I could find and repottedd the
plants in fresh compost. I gave the rest of the plants a soil
drench of Pravdo Vine Weevil Killer. Has anybody any idea what the
grubs were?

Probably vine weevils just about to turn into the beetle stage.

I would say that too, but not at 3mm.

Pam in Bristol

Why on earth does mention of vine weevil attack remind me of one of
mike crowe's money making schemes..............

Stop it now Steerpike
Hatred is abuse and virginmedia will not tollerate it.

If I see one more interruption to a thread by you to continue your feud
with "'Mike'" I WILL get your account stopped.
You may also get a criminal record, that's if you already don't have one.

Look on this as a friendly, one only bit of advice.

Baz