Old 19-04-2012, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Mini greenhouse

On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:14:38 GMT, Baz wrote:

"Graham K." wrote in news:cqUjr.240505$Js7.84024
:

I have one of these. A tubular frame with reinforced plastic cover. How
can I anchor it without making holes in the cover?

Doesn't it already have guy ropes and eyes to do this? Most do.
If not you will struggle.

Baz

Depends what you mean by mini greenhouse. If it's one of those little
"against the wall" jobs, the good ones have eyelets in the seams and
you can drill into a wall and put some hooks in to attach the
greenhouse to a wall.

If it's the free-standing type, you really need somewhere sheltered. I
got one a few years back when I ran out of space and then bought a box
of metal tent pegs, bent the hook ends out a bit to fit over the frame
at the bottom and hammered them into the ground about a foot apart.
Bit of wind and the thing blew over so I doubled up the tent pegs. Bit
of wind and the bottom frame stayed put on the ground but the rest
detached itself. It went to the tip as I didn't want to glue all the
bits together.

I then bought half a dozen little ones on wheels -
http://tinyurl.com/brhbpzd - save that I got them as a job lot on eBay
for around a tenner each. I just wheel them indoors when it's too
windy. Once I've finished using them, they come apart and go in boxes
in the loft until the next year.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.