Old 20-04-2012, 12:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can anyone ID this yucca-like plant (..and it's problem)?

In article ,
Jim xzy wrote:
Sacha wrote in :

Mine is positioned out in the open where it receives full sun for most of
the day (weather permitting). However, I have just read, on a couple of
horticultural sites, that they are best protected from full afternoon sun.

Almost all such advice comes from copying Merkin pages. Cordyline
australis is adapted to stronger sun than we get here, and is not
a forest plant. In the UK, the afternoon sun is not as consistently
the strong sun as it is in the USA.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.