Old 20-04-2012, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Can anyone ID this yucca-like plant (..and it's problem)?

On 4/20/2012 10:02 AM, Janet wrote:
In 33.4.11,
says...

Thanks to you and Nick! I'd love to plant mine in the ground, in the hopes
of it growing as big as possible, as fast as possible, but I gather they
like neutral-to-acid soil that's well drained. My soil is highly alkaline
and poorly drained (clayey) soil. Should I risk planting it, do you think?

They grow like rockets in soggy acid west Scotland.

And in Orkney, as well.