Old 21-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Jon

Default Vegetables

Martin Sykes wrote in message ...
"chris.sperry" wrote in message
I'm new to gardening, but have recently had a go at sowing a few spring
vegetable seeds: carrots, beetroot, lettuce, spring onions, rocket.

I'm watching my carefully prepared patch like a hawk, willing a bit of
germination to take place.

Anybody got any idea which row is likely to emerge first?

Hi Chris,

Lettuce/rocket, spring onions,carrots amd finally beetroot I'd reckon.

I'd say rocket definitely, then lettuce, beetroot, carrot and finally spring
onions. I agree with those above about radishes. I've finished my first crop
in the greenhouse and I live in Scotland:-)
Spring onions are slow, but resilient. I can't remember exactly when I sowed
the last of them last year (July/Aug probably) and ate the last of them in
March. They weren't huge, but they had bite!
Still got a few late sown leeks, which are fine.
Regards
Jonny