Old 20-04-2012, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_4_] Baz[_4_] is offline

Default Re-starting a vegetable plot.

wrote in :

I was wondering that when things get back to normal what would be the
last date to sow pea, broad bean and potatoes?

Ages yet, though you wouldn't get much of a potato crop. Even here
(nominally in the south), this is not unusually late. Paradoxically,
the worst risk for late sowing is a hot spell before they have got
properly established.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Yes, Nick, just trying to think ahead thats all.
It will (I think) be weeks before my soil dries out enough to do anything
with.
I get your point with late, even autumn sowing of potatoes. Been there. Got
a small crop the first time. One of the reasons I got started with growing
vegetables.
I only hope that the fruit trees and bushes survive it all.

Thanks
Baz