Old 21-04-2012, 02:19 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Please Help - Laying Turf

On Apr 18, 12:38*pm, wrote:
Seems to me that step ( 1 ) is to get rid of the concrete and any
other undesireable materials ...

And kill off whatever is there with Roundup (glyphosate).
Actually, I'd probably do that first as it's easy before you
start disturbing the soil. When it's dead, mow it down short,
then get rid of the concrete.

What you do next depends on what kind of soil is there.
If it's decent, then till. If not, add whatever ammendments
are needed, eg humus or other organic material that is
available. Test the soil and add lime if needed before
tilling.

I'm sure there must be plenty of info from a google search
too.