Old 21-04-2012, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Hugh Newbury Hugh Newbury is offline

Default Ponds - garden small variety

On 19/04/12 21:10, David WE Roberts wrote:

You may have more frogs and newts than you realise.
We emptied our pond with a bucket and put any frogs and newts we found
into two seperate muck buckets (now known as trugs IIUC), cleaned out
the pond, refilled and put the wildlife back in.

We had at least 50 frogs and 50 newts which were hiding in the mud.

So no problems about emptying a pond and refilling.

Dave, what is the best time of year to empty and refill a small pond so
as not to disturb the wildlife too much? I have no fish to worry about
in mine: it's just a wildlife affair.

TIA

Hugh

--