Old 21-04-2012, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Re-starting a vegetable plot.

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
I was wondering that when things get back to normal what would be the last
date to sow pea, broad bean and potatoes?
I can buy plugs of the rest such a brassiccas and live without the rest.
Runner beans are still on the cill, I can deal with that. Tomatoes are
sill
on the cill, ok with me.

I can't imagine a summer without broad beans and new potatoes.

AFAIK there are pea and broad bean plants available at garden centres.

You can buy pots of potatoes already growing from HomeBase (or at least you
could last year) but I wouldn't think this would help much with getting a
large crop.

It will brighten up eventually.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder