Old 21-04-2012, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Re-starting a vegetable plot.

On 21/04/2012 10:32, wrote:
In ,
wrote:

My garden gets flooded to a depth of 6 inches several times a year, for
about 24 hours at a time, but all my fruit trees and bushes are fine,
despite what they say about apples not liking soggy ground.

Few plants object to being flooded for short periods - what actually
harms them is the lack of oxygen over an extended period.

Absolutely correct. It is not unknown for cacti to be underwater for a
short time after flash floods in the desert. Doesn't do them any harm.

--

Jeff