Old 21-04-2012, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Moonraker Moonraker is offline

Default Re-starting a vegetable plot.

On 21/04/2012 09:59, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
I was wondering that when things get back to normal what would be the
last
date to sow pea, broad bean and potatoes?
I can buy plugs of the rest such a brassiccas and live without the rest.
Runner beans are still on the cill, I can deal with that. Tomatoes are
sill
on the cill, ok with me.

I can't imagine a summer without broad beans and new potatoes.

AFAIK there are pea and broad bean plants available at garden centres.

You can buy pots of potatoes already growing from HomeBase (or at least
you could last year) but I wouldn't think this would help much with
getting a large crop.

It will brighten up eventually.

I am sure your fruit trees will survive, the question is will the
blossom survive and set? Last year was an exceptionally good year for fruit
So law of averages say this will be a bad one. I know frost at certain
times means that damsons, for example, some years often bear little fruit.