Old 21-04-2012, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Re-starting a vegetable plot.

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

Snip

I should perhaps point out that I have been growing cacti outside all year
round for the last few years.
They were in the sun lounge in the last house and there was no space for
them inside here.
They took their chances and have survived so far - including the last two
winters.
Some of the clusters have died but there are still plenty of viable parts.
I am now tempted to plant some out on the allotment to see how big they
can grow (and also just to watch the reaction of the otther plot holders).

I can see the headline in the Evening Star now :-}

"Strange New Vegetable Found On Local Allotment"
"I've been here 75 years and I've never seen anything like it!", says Bert,
89.

--
Kathy