Old 21-04-2012, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Seed compost update

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Found some JI Seed Compost in B&Q in a 20 litre pack for under £4.

Looks pretty good for small seeds - fine loam based compost which suits
the instructions for tomatoes of spreading on the surface then covering
with a little compost.
Can't do that with the clumping up multi-purpose composts.

I got a 20ltr bag of organic seed compost today to start my peas and leeks
again for 2.99. So much rain has only one pea coming up out of 16 and no
leeks from 21.