Old 22-04-2012, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID

In message , Jeff Layman
writes
On 22/04/2012 11:16, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In , Jeff Layman
writes
Sorry if you don't like baroque music (turn off the sound!), but can
anyone ID the plant illustrated here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2eJf...eature=related

A hydrangea coming through a holly or an Osmanthus

It's something growing through one of those (or perhaps a Mahonia).
But it doesn't look like the sterile or fertile flowers of hydrangea.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:H...a_close_up.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:S...gea_flower.jpg

I think it's a flower arrangement, rather than rooted plants. My guess
is that the flowers are Primula malacoides, but there's enough detail
for me to have any degree of certainty.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley