Old 22-04-2012, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID

In message , Stewart Robert Hinsley
writes
In message , Jeff Layman
writes
On 22/04/2012 11:16, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In , Jeff Layman
writes
Sorry if you don't like baroque music (turn off the sound!), but can
anyone ID the plant illustrated here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2eJf...eature=related

A hydrangea coming through a holly or an Osmanthus

It's something growing through one of those (or perhaps a Mahonia).
But it doesn't look like the sterile or fertile flowers of hydrangea.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:H...a_close_up.jpg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:S...gea_flower.jpg

I think it's a flower arrangement, rather than rooted plants. My guess
is that the flowers are Primula malacoides, but there's enough detail
for me to have any degree of certainty.

Missing negative syndrome strikes again - s/enough/not enough/.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley