Old 23-04-2012, 03:42 AM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default Guess Who I Saw Today

On Apr 22, 8:30*am, Billy wrote:
In article ,

*spiritrising wrote:
Way Back Jack wrote:
A regular bee. *Yep, it was an Eyetalian goombah honeybee singing O Sole
Mio while scarfing down nectar from a Russian olive tree. *This was the 1st
regular bee I've seen in years.

Ironically, there were no bumbles. *Normally, Russian olives are loaded
with bumbles. *Come to think of it, haven't seen many bumbles at all this
yr. *Maybe they're succumbing to the die back that has wasted the regular
bees.

Geez, I can remember when regular bees were ubiquitous, but that's another
story.

how about i send you a hive of bees from here, they only sting if you
get close, 10ft, and if your not allergic you won't even have to worry
about dieing! thesehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUUziEgy1sthey are
not scarce at all nor are the tame variety either!

I've worked harvests at wineries for 3 decades. The bees always come
looking for any juice that they can find. The only time I was ever
stung, was when I didn't see a bee, and put my hand on it. Don't grqb
them, and they won't grab you.

I remember when bees a friend kept in my back yard swarmed. They hung
off the apricot tree in a giant ball. I knew intellectually that they
were busy doing their thing and would not bother me, but viscerally I
stayed in the house and watched them through the window!

Kinda glad they decided to leave, because I wasn't exactly zoned for
bees! The writing was on the wall when a neighbor casually mentioned
that he was having trouble with bees in his attic. Uh, oh!

HB