Old 23-04-2012, 02:08 PM posted to alt.native,rec.gardens,misc.rural
spiritrising spiritrising is offline

Default Guess Who I Saw Today

Billy wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Way Back Jack wrote:
A regular bee. Yep, it was an Eyetalian goombah honeybee singing O Sole
Mio while scarfing down nectar from a Russian olive tree. This was the 1st
regular bee I've seen in years.

Ironically, there were no bumbles. Normally, Russian olives are loaded
with bumbles. Come to think of it, haven't seen many bumbles at all this
yr. Maybe they're succumbing to the die back that has wasted the regular
bees.

Geez, I can remember when regular bees were ubiquitous, but that's another
story.

how about i send you a hive of bees from here, they only sting if you
get close, 10ft, and if your not allergic you won't even have to worry
about dieing! these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUUziEgy1s they are
not scarce at all nor are the tame variety either!

I've worked harvests at wineries for 3 decades. The bees always come
looking for any juice that they can find. The only time I was ever
stung, was when I didn't see a bee, and put my hand on it. Don't grqb
them, and they won't grab you.

these little buggers will find you, you don't have to find them, and
when they find you, its not one, but a hundred that comes after you. all
you have to do is be in their vicinity for them to attack.