Old 23-04-2012, 05:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Peony !

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:27:35 +0000, gardener6359
wrote:

Looking forward to my peony flowering soon (Festiva Maxima) more & more
flowering every year.
Just purchased a Inspecteur Lavergne Peony. I tend to plant Peonys in a
large pot the first year to encourage quick strong growth then plant in
a suitable location, not too wet spot, remember, plant level with soil
or they won't flower!

P.S. That thing about not moving Peony's once planted ? I've been doing
it for years and so far no problems!

Peonys are deer safe but I don't plant them because their flowers
become so heavy that unless the plant is staked it flops over to the
ground, and the flowers don't last but a few days anyway. And I don't
find peony foliage particularly attractive.