Old 24-04-2012, 01:51 AM
Chris Knight Chris Knight is offline
Registered User

Default Passiion flower leaf damaged by desease/pest

Hi,

I'm a novice gardener that really likes the passion flower, however after successfully planting one last year which grow well and seemed healthy I've noticed this year its developed yellow patches, brown edges and appears to have been eaten by some kind of pest. I'm worried it will die if I leave it untreated.

Can any one advise me as to what the issue might be from the attached image?

My soil condition is heavy clay but reasonable well drained.
I planted in May of last year with a mix of ericaceous compost, general purpose compost, manure and pea peables and covered soil with bark in a very sunny location (well sunny for Glasgow). I occassionally treat for slugs.
Attached Thumbnails
Passiion flower leaf damaged by desease/pest-photo.jpg