Old 24-04-2012, 09:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_3_] Farm1[_3_] is offline

Default Figs 'n ice cream

"songbird" wrote in message
Farm1 wrote:

and that will freeze the pipes. It
regulalry gets downt o -4C over winter. Not cold by your standards, but
cold by Oz standards.

frozen pipes are no fun...

what did you plant this season and how did it go?

Off the top of my head, I can recall: Rocket (aragula), lettuce, basil,
Italian Parsley, Zucchini, beans, French Sorrel, Lebanese cukes, potatoes,
silver beet (chard), coriander, tomatoes. Toms didnt' do all that well and
neither did the eggplants. It just wasn't a hot enough summer. We've had
strawbs and raspberies and blackberries in almost plague proportions and our
asparagus and rhubarb also did well.