Old 24-04-2012, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Started peeing down. Again

On Apr 24, 4:42*pm, Dave Hill wrote:
On Apr 24, 3:10*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:

On 2012-04-23 13:26:30 +0100, Baz said:

As Sacha would say, stair rods.
Baz

Same here, Baz! *But very refined ones, and very persistent. *It has
actually stopped now and is relatively clear but with dark clouds on
the
horizon. *At least we don't have to worry about watering the veg
patch
now!
--
Sunny and very warm here and the last bit of snow in my garden melted
overnight{:-)

Ah but are your trees in leaf and your Alliums showing their muscle?!
;-))
--
Most trees are budding. No sign of rhubarb yet. The tarragon is just
starting to peep through. The chive clump is sprouting quite a bit, but

The ash trees are breaking into leaf and we're picking rhubarb like mad.
The lawns are being cut regularly now and dandelions are showing up
again. We've seen one brown hare leaping across the lane in front of us a
few evenings ago. It's the first I've seen in years. *And the other day -
though not especially seasonal - in my car I followed a sparrow hawk up
the lane for a couple of hundred yards before it jinked left and into a
hedge. I doubt it was more than 2' off the ground.
--
Last year, the provincial govt took dandelions off the list of pest plants
but most urban dwellers still see them as such. *I think beacause the

Two words - dandelion wine :-)
Requires you to gather buckets full of flowers so they don't set seed and
you get to drink the results.
Seemed to work when we were in Derbyshire - made loads the first year and
didn't get a crop the second.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)

Lets try again.
You can always cover them with an upside down bucket or box before
they start to grow, that way you will blanch them, then use them like
chickory in salads etc.