Old 24-04-2012, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Started peeing down. Again

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:01:28 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

"Baz" wrote in message
.. .
As Sacha would say, stair rods.

Now in receipt of a strong winds warning for tomorrow from Felixstowe
Dock, and the Met Office has a "Be Aware" advisory for heavy rain through
Wednesday, with the possibility of local flooding.

Suggest we rename the group uk.rec.not_gardening_its_raining

We have the same weather warning here in Leics, plus 50-60 mph winds.
ISTR that on April 3rd, we were all moaning about not enough rain. Be
careful about what you wish for.

The weatherman this evening said something along the lines of the
winds tomorrow would make it feel like October. But every year, just
about now when the crab apple and cherry trees are covered in blossom,
we always have a windy night. Blossom season here is about 48 hours
long.

I'm not moaning though. Caught up with all the ironing yesterday and
got the grass cut today. The next few days will see the breakfast room
redecorated just in time for the slightly improved weather over the
weekend and some time outside.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.