Old 24-04-2012, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Planting garlic now?

Is it worth it? Will they grow and clove up?
My aunt has an Indian gardener and he prefers to plant hers in November. My
local Indian shopkeeper says the same, that garlic does not like hot
weather.
The packet of three I just got said "can be planted in autumn or spring"
I did plant some once in my garden, in spring. They did grow but only into
bulbs, like a large spring onion and didn't split into cloves.

Tina