Old 25-04-2012, 12:25 PM posted to alt.native,misc.rural,rec.gardens
cold beer & pork skins cold beer & pork skins is offline

Default Skunk Predators

Way Back Jack wrote:
The primary predator of skunks is the Great Horny Owl. Visit any of their
cribs and you'll see tufts of skunk fur among the remains, and of course
you'll smell the unmistakable skunk odor.

Web site sources report that foxes and dogs, among others, also prey on
skunks but I find this hard to believe. I've seen dogs flee at the mere
sight of Mr. Skunk or else bark while at a safe distance.

In New Mexico, which is in the US for those who don't know,
rabies have been so bad in the last year 30 dogs and a
dozen cats have been put down in one town, Carlsbad, near
Carlsbad Caverns, because of rabib skunks. Be very careful
around skunks.