Old 25-04-2012, 08:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default Anyone tried air layering figs?

"kay" wrote in message

'David WE Roberts[_4_ Wrote:
;956930']Thinking of trying to propogate our Brown Turkey for the
allotment, and also
as backup if our plan to replant in the ground next year doesn't work.

Google suggests that this is the time to start air layering so wondered
if
anyone had tried this on a fig recently.

Yes, it works well. I did it with damp peat free compost wrapped in
cling film. Cut off the cuttings once I could see roots in the cling
film.

How long to root?

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder