Old 25-04-2012, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Drought

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"tony" wrote ...

This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.

It's because of all the hose pipe bans. The same thing happened in '76,
the Government made someone a drought czar and it didn't stop raining
thereafter. It's a policy that obviously works well.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Ah! The hot Summer of 1976. I spent nearly all of that dry period fighting
to get planning permission to put a big extension on the front of my house.
AOB and they were finicky. Got planning permission at last, when the skies
opened :-((

Did I enjoy that nice hot sunny Summer? No :-( I was teaching in one of the
prisons :-( 13 locks to undo to get my room ready!

Mike