Old 25-04-2012, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Good lecture

A friend invited me to a lecture on Saturday to hear Matthew Wilson.
He gave a very light-hearted, well illustrated talk on "Star plants
for small gardens" (or similar title). He's a very entertaining
speaker. He commented on different takes on what makes a small
garden. He said that "they" are working on a small garden in London,
which he paced out on the floor and it was no more than 4 by 4 yards.
They are spending £30,000 on it, including half the amount on Italian
granite and a "living wall" costing £1,000 a square yard.
His own tastes are much more down to earth, as you'll have gathered if
you heard him on GQT recently. He was preparing for a birthday party
for his 3-year-old twins on Sunday. I guess he found the lecture
easier than party-planning!

Pam in Bristol