Old 26-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Oozmiester Oozmiester is offline
Registered User

Angry Planting Grass Seeds

Hi all, I am new to the forum so I'll introduce myself - I'm Scott.

For the past couple of years I have been having problems with my grass as it is bare and patchy in certain sections.

I have read loads about what to do and even been in touch with a groundsman at a professional football club who has gave me advice on what seed to buy and what to mix it with and I am still having no success.

I was told to mix my grass seed with fine clean sand as he reckoned my garden did not hold the water all that well.
This Spring, I raked the whole garden (only a small garden) I then put loads of seed and sand down and raked over so most of the seeds were mixed with the sand and soil.

That has been 2 weeks went by with me watering every day and still I can still see no sign of any grass growing.

I have read it can take from 14 to 20 days before it may start to grow but it is getting really frustrating.

I noticed the birds were eating some of the seeds so I have bought a net to put down for when I put more down so they can't eat the seeds.

Some of the seeds you can still see sitting on top of the soil.

Can any of you experts tell me what I am doing wrong as I am spending a lot of money on trying to get a decent lawn and getting absolute nowhere.

I never used any new soil or anything this time, could this be the problem ?
And when I say I water it once a day, should I do it in the morning before I go to work and then when I get back as I have only been doing it once a day.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Scott