Old 26-04-2012, 11:36 PM posted to alt.native,misc.rural,rec.gardens
Way Back Jack[_10_] Way Back Jack[_10_] is offline

Default Skunk Predators

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:11:13 -0400, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

said:

reputedly, birds dont have much in the way of sense of smell.

Except for some of the New World Vultures, like the Turkey Vulture,
which may actually use its sense of smell to help locate meals.

Yeah, unlike most birds, they have an unbelievable olfactry sense, can
smell a fart from 5 miles away.

So I wonder if they dine on dead skunks.

Which reminds me of a song from the 60s or 70s "Dead Skunk In The Middle Of
The Road."