Old 28-04-2012, 02:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sean Straw Sean Straw is offline

Default Multi Crop

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:37:30 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

****Whoa, Sean, let's not be snotty to our UK friend.

UK self-promoter. Some might even refer to the practice as spamming.

Maybe you're savvy and handy enough to construct your own gizmo, per above
descriptions. But how many of us poor peasants can match your
expertise.

Surely, among your social circles, you've got a friend who is handy.
Offer up some fresh veggies in exchange for a bit of quick welding.
Or, as I said, use some twine to tie them into a teepee arrangement -
that's hardly worthy of the title "savvy".

Live & let live.

You must have a pretty open policy to spam. I do not. I deal with it
quite regularly as a system administrator.

If the chap REALLY were an avid gardener, he'd be PARTICIPATING in a
forum such as this one in earnest, and he'd have an unobtrusive URL in
his sigline. Interested parties would check it out, and he wouldn't
be identified as a spammer for his actions.

I don't feel I was being too snarky with him anyway - I merely offered
up a far more cost effective solution, which yea, is in conflict with
the prospect of making sales, but hey, live and let live, right?

One could of course use smooth mild steel bar stock and weld (or
braze, with a torch) that instead, and wave a rattle can of black or
"forest green" or whatever colour tickles your fancy at it when done
if you want to upscale it.

Let the UK group members decide whether they want to buy Brian's structures or build their own.

He's not spamming rec.gardens.uk, he's spamming the worldwide
rec.gardens