Old 28-04-2012, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Doug[_10_] Doug[_10_] is offline

Default Drought

On Apr 27, 12:45*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"tony" wrote in message

This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk

I do so wish that people would not panic about drought. *We have a maritime
climate in the UK and it will sort itself.
We won't ever have too much sun or too much rain (but it will not come
exactly as we want it)
After a supposed drought, it's been throwing it down here most days for
three weeks, sometime for 36 hours and we have had floods.
It will work itself out. *It always does.

Surely we have too much of everything weather wise, and increasingly
so according to global warming predictions?
So, depending on how the highs and lows are distributed in the
Atlantic we either get several weeks of rain, several weeks of sun,
several weeks of wind, cold, etc., instead of a day or two of this and
a day or two of that.

I agree it will work itself out though and come down to averages in
the long-term but often the weather is damned inconvenient to say the
least and goes on for far too long.

Doug.