Old 28-04-2012, 01:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Planting Grass Seeds

On 4/27/2012 3:41 PM, Oozmiester wrote:

Hi Frank, firstly thanks for taking the time out to reply.
I do know for a fact, that it is good seed so I suppose I'll just need
to be patient and keep watering twice a day.
Do you think it would help if I bought fresh soil and covered the seeds,
would this help them germinate ?

Is it also wise to put down some more seeds during may time as long as I
keep watering ?

Like I said, I'm no expert but you only need to water to keep moist and
seed will obviously grow better if in loose soil. I put got some of my
own put down a couple of weeks ago and yet to sprout. I don't buy the
quick cover stuff with rye as it may be satisfying to see grass by now
but half your money is wasted on the cheap seed.