Old 28-04-2012, 10:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_4_] Baz[_4_] is offline

Default Planting garlic now?

Roger Tonkin wrote in
:

SWMBO sent me out to the garage a couple of weeks ago for some garlic,
stored from last year. One bublb was fine, in another all the cloves
had sprouted about 2 inches of green shoot. I took these and just
planted them next to the October/November planting and they seem to be
groeing on fine, despite the cold wet weather.

I've read several article that state you should not plant shop (as in
Supermarket/Greengrocer) bought garlic, as there is no guarantee where
it comes from and whether it will survive, so I was intrigued by Baz's
post!

Yes I have read the same, perhaps we have been lucky. They always do well
no matter where they come from. Now I have said that I bet this years are
going to be a failure!
T&M, Marshalls, Suttons etc. are far away too expensive for us.

Good luck with the sprouted ones you planted, they should be fine.
Baz