Old 21-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Steve

Default Can some please help me indentify this grass/weed

It looks somewhat like tall fescue. Some detail info: Typically a
cool-season grass, tall fescue can also be found in hotter regions due to
its ability to tolerate heat. It is a bunchgrass often used in athletic
fields because it can withstand heavy use and foot traffic. In some lawns,
patches of tall fescue may stick out and appear as a grassy weed. It grows
in bunches, and is therefore not used very often in grass seed mixes.

Check out ortho.com, it has a good bit of information about grasses and
weeds.

"Jim Chapman" wrote in message
om...
Hi folks,

Can some one please help me determine what type of weed this is.
It's popped up everywhere I planted rye grass seed this past winter.

There are two large pictures, the second one is the one I can't Identify.
http://www.mindspring.com/~chapmjw/Weed.htm

please email me also if you respond

remove the #'s

thanks